Friday, October 23, 2009

Then there was two.

We took the three day drive to Baton Rouge last week. We arrived in time to compete in the contest on Sat. and Sun. I managed a first on Sat. and a third on Sun. The way I have the Fox .40 set up it uses more fuel than usual. Even when it's set right I barely get in the two laps before landing. At the contest it ran out of fuel one maneuver short on each flight on Sun. I got in the full flight Sat. under bad conditions but Sun. used more fuel. I should have tweaked the needle more and it would have made the pattern but barely. I ran three different fuels yesterday and got the same run times. That leads me to believe it was a bit rich and a bit more nitro than I usually use.
I gunked the bed of the truck to wash out the spilled oil. The rear window was speckled too. No problem getting rid of the oil or the tires.
The cable tv is acting up and the cable guy is supposed to be here between 8 and 5 to fix it. It's almost 4 now and I've been trapped here all day.
I started a new plane before going to LA. I've been working on it all day so It's not a complete loss. I'm using the wing from the Pathfinder and the measurements from the fuse. Two wheels instead of three and a different fin and rudder and fuse shape. Another profile with flaps. I'm waiting for the second molded leading edge to dry before gluing them on and removing the wing from the jig. I'm hoping for less than 47 ounces on this one.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

SO's the TV work yet?

Perry Rose said...

Ma called and they re sat the box. It's working fine now.