Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cold and more rain.

Well I started the day with the ploan to go to Lizzy B's then the Motor Ve Hickle Dept to get the Dodge registered. I got to the Putnam office, a trailer, at 0930 and there wasn't a line out the door. This is a first. I went inside and only had 6 people in front of me. I got my turn and quickly was sent outside to get the GVW and Light weight off the door sticker, losing my place in line. I got my turn again with a different official and had to show the insurance card, which I didn't have to do the last time I was there. I brought all the paperwork I had on the Dodge with me so I was ready for any curve balls. I didn't get any credit for the cancelled Stratus plates as there wasn't a year left on the registration. The GVW is 8650 lbs. which is over the 8500 lb. limit for the cheaper registration. Final tally was $265.00 without any tax. 30 or 40 for the title which will be here in two months. They should sell T-shirts that say "I went to register my vehicle and all I got was this friggin' T-shirt.
When I got home I put the new plates on the Dodge and remembered I wanted to get a dump pass at the town hall too. At least that was free and went very smooth.
I put a coat of dope on the new plane and then a coat of thinned epoxy glue. One more coat of epoxy and I will start filling the dents with spot putty. I'm thinking of coloring it with a white nose and stripe down the fuse. and orange for the main color A white wing with an orange stripe from the tip to the root curving down the root almost to the flaps. I'm thinking of naming it 'Vicar' as in The Vicar of Dibley. Maybe I should make it green.