Monday, February 22, 2010

Best weather of the winter so far.

As forecast the temps got into the high 30's with light winds. I packed up the new repaired plane and the new Flite Streak and went to the dog track. The repaired plane went first. The engine started kinda easily and ran steady for the 3 ounces I put in the tank. It needs a flap tweak but flew well. The Flite Streak only has one wheel but I had put a skid on the out board wing tip. The lines pulled the left wing down and after flying I put a skid on the left tip also. I had some trouble with the engine run on the first two flights but finally realized I was going the wrong way with the needle. After re tuning it the engine ran very well. I flew it on 54 foot lines and that seemed to be close to right. It's a smallish plane, the same size as the Ringmaster. OS .25 in the nose. The plane comes with a fuel tank but it only holds 1 and 3/4 ounces. I found a tank that's larger and flew with that. Very little room for the tank so only certain ones will fit.
I started the hot rod yesterday. First time since putting it away. The battery may be going bad as I have been charging it almost weekly and it was real low. I put the charger on it for 15 minutes and it started the engine. I didn't want to use the start feature of the charger as the Mallory ignition doesn't like high voltages. I have a voltage spike suppressor on it but I don't want to take a chance. I've had to replace two modules already. About $100.00 a piece.

No comments: