Monday, February 1, 2010

Finished painting today.

I applied the tissue to the new planes new fuselage yesterday and applied 5 coats of dope on top of the tissue. Two more coats of dope this morning and a coat of primer. I sanded most of the primer off and using the last drop of paint I applied 2 coats of color. When that dried I masked off and painted a black glare shield. When that dried I gave it 2 coats of clear. I'm going to let it sit until tomorrow when I'll glue the canopy back on.
I'm waiting to hear from Leonard Neuman. I ordered some needle valve assemblies and landing gear from him. If I don't hear by tomorrow afternoon I'll give him a call. I can use the landing gear from the Vector if I have to. The weather isn't going to be good enough to fly it for a while anyway.

No comments: