Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Waiting for Leonard.


I left a note on the forum Leonard runs hoping that he would see it and reply. Nothing yet. I will call him tomorrow and if I don't get him I will try elsewhere. I've seen others try to get hold of him on the forum too. No way to run a business.
I ran the OS again today and it started well enough and then went lean. I opened the needle but no change. That means dirt in the line someplace. I took the needle valve apart and hosed it out with brake cleaner spray. It ran well after that.
I put that engine in the new plane and made a hole for the new needle valves if I ever get some. The fuselage side had to be carved out to fit the muffler too. 41.5 ounces with out the landing gear. I think it's lighter than the first time. I got 3 APC props from Tower when I ordered the new engines. 10.5 X 4.5.
I almost made it from start to finish on the new fuselage without getting cut. I took the OS muffler apart and was drilling the exhaust outlet and putting more holes in the baffle, that I generally remove, and ended up with a cut finger. If I'm not bleeding I'm not having fun.
I got a picture of the plane without landing gear and before I installed the engine.

No comments: