Thursday, February 25, 2010

Still raining.

The snow is gone except for the piles left by the snow blowers. I reported the same thing a while back. The temps have been above freezing through the night with light rain all day and night. Another storm is going to be here tomorrow.
We cut a mold for the leading edges of the foam Ringmaster cheater wing and got one piece of balsa wrapped on and drying. I should be able to get one half sheeted and cored tomorrow. Sat. I have a horseshoe tournament. I got the fuse. just about done. The engine is ready t go on and the landing gear is made and the wood is rounded and smoothed somewhat. On the forum there is a variant called the +P. It has a foam wing and I have asked what airfoil it uses. It looks like the original airfoil, thin and lousey.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

I wonder if the +P means the same as it does in ammunition? Like a .38spl+P is a hotter load than a standard .38spl.

Perry Rose said...

I found that the airfoil is the same as the newer design Ringmasters of all sizes. So it would be the same as the hotter load. I have read that someone else said that is the case as the designer is an avid hunter.The one I'm building is a 20% reduced version of the big one the 576 sq. in. Ringmaster. So I am using the good airfoil too but I stretched the fuse. an inch. It's still the basic same size as the original Ringmaster. I'm calling mine the Ringmaster Super 80. It's 80% of the big 576 model.