Thursday, February 11, 2010

A crisis in the mail.

It snowed most of the day yesterday, Sunday, and it only amounted to a few inches of wet snow. At night it snowed about two more inches of drier snow. The plows ran all night and the splash off one of the plows knocked my mail box over. It's been there over 20 years and rust had taken it's toll on the steel tube post. I cut a piece of spare tube and stuck it into the ground tube piece and put the top half over it as the box is again usable. I know the plow didn't hit it because the news paper tube is before the mail box and would have been hit and knocked over too.
Last week when I was walking at the dog track I spotted a steel car wheel with a steel pipe welded to it to make a barrier stanchion. I wanted to take it but didn't. I didn't have a use for it until now. I will grab it very soon and put the mail box on it.

No comments: