Thursday, February 18, 2010

Warmer weather.

The temps are in the low 40's today. The wind is only half that, in the 20 mph range so flying is not possible.
I got the Eagle 63 ready to go and took it to the dog track yesterday. I had the skiis on it and the snow was 3 or 4 inches deep. I fueled it up and found lots of bubbles in the fuel line. I couldn't find the leak so I took the plane apart and headed for home. After some searching I changed tanks and lines. I ran it to make sure the leaks were gone. Later I found a hole in one of the lines that caused the leaks.
The mail brought my ball end mills and UPS brought the Flite Streaks later on. I have been working on them today changing the leadouts and making and installing adjustable leadout guides. Engine mount holes are drilled and one fuse. has the tripler installed. I had to cut the covering away to get the guides in the wing tip and I had an old piece of black covering to repair the repair.
At the auction last week I found a new hobby shop in Sturbridge,MA. I went there today and it has a lot of stuff I can use. Map Quest said 33 miles but it's really 36. Next time there I want to get a new NI-Starter, I got the squeeze kind now and I don't like it.
Hopefully the snow will melt off and the wind will die down soon so I can get in some flying.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

I hear ya. It only hit 62 today.