Friday, February 12, 2010

Thinning the herd the easy way.

For some reason I started cleaning the R/C pattern planes I have in the store room. Then it occurred to me that the NCRCC auction is this weekend. I continued cleaning and ended up with 4 planes to try and sell at the auction. Only one has been flown and that is the Eaglet 50 I found in the dump a few years back. The Boxer needs only a tuned pipe and it's ready to fly. The Deception is covered and needs engine and radio. The oldest is the Panzer D-20 I got from somebody at the club years ago. Both the Deception and the Panzer are legal for the Senior Pattern Assn. events that are only down south. I'm including my 9 channel Futaba and my last YS .60 with the Boxer. It should have new batteries installed and a new rx. battery too before trying to fly it. They are both very old but still hold a charge.
I should have ordered a tonneau cover for the truck long ago as it would be easier to transport the planes. I put some boards across the bed in the places made for them and laid a 4 x 8 sheet of particle board on them. I can put the wings under it but the fuse. wont fit, they will have to go in the cab.
I haven't been to this auction in a very long time. Must be over 20 years.

No comments: