Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Morning flight

I got to the dog track at 0800 this morning and tested a new tank design using an old ringmaster. It went fairly well but didn't go as well as I had hoped. I put in a flight with the Padre and went home. Next contest on Aug 12.
I made up a horseshoe stake and went to the Jogues club to fix a stake on pit 2. It has dropped 4 inches since opening day of the league. I dug up the old one and it was driven through the wood block. I drove it back out to where it should be and put a board with a steel plate over the end to keep it from getting driven down again. I had fixed all the pits a couple years ago and this one has needed attention again. I didn't need the stake I made up after all.
I changed the oil and filter on the Dodge when I got home. 12000 miles since the last change.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

That is about right. With the oil you're using they say you can just change the filter at 12k and then do a full change at 25. I've done that once with the strat to no ill effect.

2Evil4U said...

Having grand fun with the Jeep. It's getting better every day. Very happy with the progress so far.