Sunday, June 20, 2010

I think I got it.

I've been working on the poor engine runs for a week. We went to the dog track this morning and there was no improvement. I tried the big ringmaster with another Fox .40 and the engine quit inverted twice. I hadn't put any metal strips on the rudder, canopy or nose and they got ground up a bit. I adjusted the tanks and installed them more securely so there isn't any chance of fore/aft or up/down movement. I shortened the fuel clunk/pickup a bit on the ringmaster tank to keep it clear of the back wall and repaired the damage with lite ply and aluminum strips. We then went back to the Sterling grammar school and flew both over the grass ball field. Both ran like they should up right and inverted.
I got a call from the owners of Richoni's lounge and we will meet them at Riverview for dinner. We went out for fathers day two weeks ago to avoid the crowds. I may have to mention that fact as the resturant was packed earlier today.

No comments: