Sunday, June 6, 2010

Very warm and humid.

I re read the manual and performed a second resistance check on the Harley's stator. It should be .2 to .4 Ohms at the pins. I set the meter to 200 Ohms this time not 20,000. I measured the lead wires and got .4 Ohms in them. Between the pins I got .7 Ohms so it should be in good shape. It is possible that the dead battery is the problem. Alternators need some voltage to operate, not like a generator.
The weather has been very humid lately and the winds are very tricky on top of it. I brought the mower to the dog track and cut the weeds in my circle. The weed killer I sprayed a month ago seemed to agree with the weeds as nothing was killed. I'll have to mix it stronger than required next time.
Marriot's house just down the street is going up for auction in a week or so. That should take the wind out of the house across the street that is on the market for $169,900 and has less land. The owners paid $160,000 for it a few years ago. And I found out that the Kaman property may have a buyer.

No comments: