Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Adding weight.

  Today was busy. I went to the store at 0730 to cash in the empty cans. Then I went to the bank to get more money and spent it at the gas station to fill the Dodge. Next stop was the barber. By then the tree farm was open and I stopped in to get the Christmas tree. Back to building the plane and it's time to go flying. First flight with the Banshee the muffler loosens and the engine runs lean for 10 minutes. I didn't dare do anything but level flight so I wouldn't lose any bolts. I had swapped the Fox muffler for a stock OS unit that didn't have the lock nut on the long bolt that holds the pieces together. That's what came loose. I jury rigged it and got in two more flights with no problems. I took a nut off one of the other planes and put it on the Banshee. Tomorrow looks like good flying weather too.
  I worked most of the day getting the top nose block shaped and hollowed and the molded pieces fitted and glued on. The canopy is a piece of a spray cleaner bottle. It's called Fabuloso from mexico. I got it at Benny's with a free refill bottle. It works OK. Works better as a canopy. I have to get some balsa for the bottom yet. After that it's final assembly and start sanding.

No comments: