Saturday, December 14, 2013

Building season in spades.

The forecast is for up to 6 inches of snow tonight. The temp has been steady all day at 17 degrees F. Very light snow has been falling steady since 0800 with just a dusting showing so far at 1430. It's supposed to snow hard over night which is the worst for me. I don't have the chance to push the snow off the drive before it gets too deep to push. The snow blowers won't throw it far enough to clear the big square in front of the garage. It happens almost every time it snows.
 The school class is coming along well and a few have finished building and will be adding the landing gear very soon. A late arrival came in Friday and got started on one of the spare kits. Maybe I can get him going and have the plane framed up by Fri. I haven't heard from the dist. one vice president about doing an article. I don't think he is interested as well as the education column guy at headquarters. They always want young people to get into the hobby but you can't prove it by me.
 I finally painted the Polynesian. Not the best paint job but it will fly. The bottom is curing now and I will take the masking tape off tomorrow. Then a clear coat or two and final assembly. The Bearcat is progressing. I don't like formers and sticks construction but I'm working through it. The wing is tack glued in and the sheeting for the bottom is soaking. Another easy paint scheme, all dark blue. After that I have the plans for the Legacy 40. I'll need to order some balsa to built that one.

No comments: