Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ready to fly.

I waited a full week and applied the clear yesterday. I noticed the nozzle was spitting but not before it dripped in the fuselage. Then it attacked the yellow. Then I uttered a bad word or two, changed nozzles and finished the painting.  After the paint dried it doesn't look too bad so I'll go with it. I installed all the equipment and plumbed the tank to engine. Final weight is 59.6 ounces and the clear helped move the c/g back another 3/8" so everything has worked as planned/hoped.
  The temp. is 60 degrees and wet, the snow is gone but not raining with a bit too much wind for a test flight.
  I got the Eagle 63 ready for New Years first flight. The Bearcat is coming along and I probably will get some light fiberglass to cover the fuselage. I had to make a tongue muffler for it and the engine in the Polynesian as the bought ones are too short and I didn't want to buy one for the Super Tigre .60. Du-Bro has blank stock 6 inches long for this purpose.
  The winds looked like it was time to go flying. I loaded up the new plane and headed for the field but as we turned into Wauregan the trees were swaying a lot so we turned around and went home. Tomorrow looks better.
 I was tidying up the basement and came across the Monokote SmartCut trimming tool. I had tried to figure it out before but couldn't. I tried to find it on ebay and there it was. Then I did a search and found it again. Tower has it listed so after some button pushing I found the directions and printed them out. It may come in handy.

No comments: