Sunday, December 15, 2013

It did it again.

There was about an inch of snow on the ground at 8pm last night. Not enough to push off. As forecast it snowed harder later in the night. Then it rained hard. When I got up there was about two inches of snow on the ground and most of it was rain water. I couldn't push it very far so I fired up the track snow blower. It managed to clear off the slush and only plugged up twice near the end. I found the salt and spread some on the drive and several hours later I went out and scraped off the remnants of the slush leaving a clean driveway. It's supposed to get colder again for a few days.
 I spent most of the day adding trim to the Polynesian and making a tongue muffler for the Super Tigre .60 that will be powering it. Then I got the ambition to weigh the parts to see what the weight will be. I came up with 47 ounces without any balance weights. A super light for a plane it's size. Never mind, I found an adding mistake. I used a calculator and came up with 57 ounces.
  I also found out that using the same can of spray paint of the same color you need to follow the directions for a second coat. I sprayed it yesterday and tried to fix a mess today and the paint wrinkled. I read the directions and it says to apply all coats within a few hours. Additional coats have to be applied after 7 days. Some time next week I'll hit it with the clear and do the final assembly. I aim to have the school make some graphics for it.

No comments: