Friday, December 27, 2013

Made it to the field.

We shot some more videos of the new plane. The shorter lines and 150 rpm increase put the lap times at 5.44 seconds. Just right in my book. I'm still chasing the level wings though. I made a tweak to the flaps and the stooge line got wrapped on the elevator and pulled a hinge loose. I had to roll things up and head for home. I pinned the hinge.  I'm using 3 ounces of fuel for the test flights with a 6 ounce round plastic tank. One of the videos runs close to 3 minutes so a full tank should get me through the pattern. I'm using 10% nitro now and will drop that to 5% and if that goes well down to 2%. That will give me an even longer run time. I don't know if it's the conditions or not but I can't see a smoke trail in flight. There is plenty while on the ground though. 22% oil Omega fuel.

No comments: