Friday, December 27, 2013

Plans for today.

The teacher that is in charge of the shop class that built the planes is trying to get me and the other club member together for lunch. I had an electrician coming this morning so I couldn't make it today but I could make it Monday. The other member could make it today but not Monday. Tuesday was offered and I can make that I don't know about the other member. A half hour ago the electrician called and cancelled so I emailed the teacher that I could now make it today. You can't herd cats. The weather is getting favorable so if I don't hear anything I'll go flying later.
  I found that the flaps needed tweaking on the new plane so I need to try that adjustment out. I also put on 55 foot lines and 4-5/16" handle spacing. It may want a bit more nose weight, I'm not sure yet.
  The garage has an open bay for a while so I took the motor mount stock for the Legacy out and cut it to size on the table saw. There are cutouts for fuel tank adjustment and for fitting the mount over the wing. All in all it makes for a light assembly. I'll be able to drill holes for the engine after the epoxy cures on the motor crutch assembly. That piece sets the tone for the rest of the fuselage. The balsa order hasn't come in yet.
 

No comments: