Monday, December 23, 2013

Dabbling in the dark side.

The teacher at the high school gave me one of the left over kits from last year. A micro telemaster.  I've been ignoring it until today. I built the fuselage in an hour. The wing in a couple hours. I used strips for the spars and then found the proper spar in one of the laser cut sheets. It will fly anyway. The kit uses magnets to hold the hatch on, I can see that, but it also uses magnets to hold the wing on. The leading edge has a plywood hook that engages a slot and two magnets at the trailing edge holds the wing in place. I was wondering why there wasn't any dowels for the rubber bands to stick through the fuselage.. I used the wood that was supposed to be used on the stabilizer so I have to cut some.
  I have a test going for min wax poly urethane clear. If it turns out to be fuel proof I'll use it on the planes. It does amberize a bit but my planes don't last that long anyway.
 Maybe I'll be able to get in the test flight tomorrow, 12-24-13.

No comments: