Friday, May 16, 2014

Another bad weather project.

The new Privateer  paint scheme is a bit bare. I figured  a set of wheel pants would help a bit. I took the outline off the plans and got some  light ply and  some scrap balsa and started cutting. I made them like the Primary Force wheel pants and got them painted and installed today. Little bit is right.
  I went to Lowes and bought 5 pieces of 3/4" EMT tubing and started to rough out a frame for the electric car. I bought a hole saw to cut the tube ends to fit into the other tubes and that went bad quick. My drill press isn't  strong enough and the teeth are too far apart to cut the round tube. The chuck fell off and a couple teeth broke off the saw. I ended up cutting the ends with a  hacksaw and finishing on the bench grinder. After a couple pipes I was faster than  the saw was. Then I looked at the wire in the welder and There wasn't much left. I just ordered two pounds more. The  ten pound spool ships in 3 to 6 weeks. The spool of wire that came with the welder lasted about 5 years.

No comments: