Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Good day before the bad.

  The weather for the next 3 days at least is forecast to be rainy and windy. With the meeting tonight and the winds way down I went to the field and got it mowed. I brought the Legacy and the Privateer for it's maiden voyage. I moved the leadouts back a 1/4" on the Legacy and with the added tip weight it flew very well. The engine burped in the first loop of the clover so I bailed out and let the fuel run out.
 The Privateer was up next and I put in 1 and a half ounces of fuel. It felt good on the lines and had lots of down and just right up. The engine ran poorly and the second flight was a bit better but the engine still leaned out a bit too much. Not a runaway as such more like some object flopping around in the tank. I may try uni-flow on the next outing as that will open the needle a turn more or so.
  With the meeting date change from Thurs. to Wed. I figure the turnout will be light.

No comments: