Thursday, May 8, 2014

Now the hard part.

I had just enough Monokote to cover the wing, stab., elev. and flaps on the Privateer. I masked off the wing and stab and gave the fuselage a coat of primer. Some sanding and filling and more sanding and I'm stuck trying to figure out a paint scheme again. After some pencil work I think I have something that will work. As usual it's not fancy. Just enough to hide the primer.
 I got three of the high schoolers into the air  with their planes this morning. Between hyper ventilating, high fives and huge smiles it went well. Them not me. Tomorrow the teacher and me are heading for Lime Rock race track to check out "Electrathon CT". It's a competition between schools that make their own battery powered vehicles. The high school may have found a source for money for the program. It should be interesting.

No comments: