Friday, May 23, 2014

Close call and wet feet.

The Privateer has been flying pretty good except for the difference in up and down. At the field the other day I flooded the cold engine and it let me know it by kicking the prop loose twice. I finally got the spinner and everything lined up and tightened and the engine started running normally for a second when it kicked the prop, spinner and hardware off the engine. The ensemble zipped by my face and hit me in the temple which was covered by my hat. No damage and I found the parts several feet away.
  I made a turn and a half adjustment to the elevator pushrod which brought things into sync. The pressure line fell off half way through a flight but I finished the maneuvers without too much trouble.
 I took one of the fish poles I got at the dump and went to the river. I caught a brookie about 8 inches long and slipped on a rock putting both feet into the water. The ensuing antics that looked like some old guy break dancing caused my hat to fall into the water also. Then I loaded up the plane after fixing the pressure line and went to Lowes and got a handle for the conduit bender and got in another flight with the Privateer that was pretty good...

No comments: