Monday, May 5, 2014

Back to school.

 I got the call and went to the school to give my presentation on weight and balance math. The school bought the King dvd's and I had reviewed them here at home. I worried after I did that that the video's might not work on another computer and I was right. The teacher should have called King schools and got the code to activate the course on the schools computer. I charged up 5 batteries getting ready to fly the planes when the opportunity arises.
  I made the trip to Hog Heaven and got some light fiberglass cloth for the Privateer. I wanted to cover the fuselage before installing the wing but that wouldn't work. I used Polycrylic to adhere the cloth and it went on very well. I put 4 total coats of slightly thinned Polycrylic and the weave filled nicely.  I think I have enough Monokote to do the wing and stab and that is the next step before adding the fillets. I'll put an inch wide piece around the wing roots and then the fillets just to the edge. The main sheet will stick to the strip and will be removable without lifting the fillets, if the plane lasts long enough to need re finishing. I contacted the person that built the model for the article that appeared in Flying Models a while back and he suggested moving the stab back an inch. I had the push rod installed and it's not that adjustable. I was able to extend the elevator clevis about 3/8" longer though. The clevis was kinda far into the threaded end and was hard to get a pry into to remove it from the control horn. That is fixed not by lengthening the push rod.
  I was going to sell one of my planes that didn't fly that well. I've been flying it to get it ready for sale and I got it flying pretty good and I'm having second thoughts about getting rid of it. But it has seen it's share of use.

No comments: