Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Houston, we have fillets.

  After school this morning the winds were not too bad so I packed up two planes and headed to the field. As usual when I pulled the release the winds started to move around. Up high I couldn't tell which way the winds were coming from and almost lost a plane  in the square eights. Next up was the Legacy. I wanted to check the adjustments I had made and the winds were getting worse. I ran the tank out and went home.
  I started to put the covering strip on the wing in preparation for the fillets.  I finished that and mixed the 5 minute epoxy and micro balloons and continued with the fillets. One thing led to another and I installed the stab and secured it with the fillets and then the fin/rudder. I was on a roll. Now it's on with the Monokote.

No comments: