Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Last one for the winter, really.

When it snowed last month I had just received Control Line World with the plans for 2 more of Allen Brickhaus' planes. I enlarged the Privateer as it has a straight wing with the same rib throughout. Yesterday the tem. got into the low 80's and the plane was masked off for painting. I let it warm up with the paint all day and gave the fuselage 3 coats of white and 3 more of clear. I was going to apply Chevy engine orange to the fuselage top but deleted that thought and went with all white. Today I masked off the wing for some orange stripes and got that done a couple hours ago. I installed an OS .46 LA and had some trouble getting the muffler off so I could remove the engine from another plane. All the holes lined up with the engine holes which is good. The c/g is very close to the spar and with a half ounce of tip weight it weighs 50.6 ounces.  Next good day I'll give it a flight or two.

No comments: