Sunday, May 25, 2014

Changes worked. Burned another gallon.

I did what the directions said to do. I adjusted the elevator on the Privateer. First I put 4 turns into it and that gave a ton of up elevator. It didn't look right so I gave it some thought and took 2 and a half turns out. I moved the leadouts back a bit and added another piece of tip weight. I flew it a few days later and all was well. The turns are just about equal now and easy to control. The plane is steady in level flight both ways.
 I took the P-63 out today and got in 3 flights. That is flying pretty good too. The turn could be a bit sharper so I removed the Big Arts muffler and put the tongue muffler that came with the engine on. That took about one and a half ounces off the nose.
  I have to mix another 5 gallons of fuel. I emptied the container a few days ago and the last gallon is going down.

No comments: