Saturday, January 2, 2010

8 inches of cold white happiness?

The weather channel forecast a couple inches last night and a couple inches today. They missed it by double that. It hasn't stopped snowing since 2 am. I think it's freezing rain now. Dopes.
New Years day I went to the flying field to get in my first flight of the new year. I also pay my dues for the year in case I need to fly there. I have to have the longest string of first flights in the club. I haven't missed a New Years day first flight since joining the club back about 1981. 29 consecutive first flights. I had to use the indoor "Vapor" again this year as I don't have a normal plane ready to go. Luckily it was calm wind and I flew around the impound thing and landed in the snow.
I started covering the new plane today. It took 8 hours to get everything installed that needed to be installed before covering. I got the wing covered and the flaps and elevator hinged and installed where they should be. It's starting to look like a plane now.

No comments: