Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It was a dark and stormy day for a change.

High 50's with heavy wind and rain. 25 to 35 mph gusting to 60 most of the afternoon. The ground is covered under the tamaracks including the driveway. I used a snow shovel to push the twigs off the asphalt. The waited for January thaw removed all the snow except for the largest piles. The temps are going back to normal today.
I started drawing a new fuselage for the salvaged wing and tail. I have to get some 1/8" balsa before I can start.
We will be bringing the stove to Goshen, MA this morning. About 115 miles. I got the biggest part on a pallet which sits on two tires with 4 more tires packed on the sides and tied down with straps. I hope it makes the trip.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Bummer on the crash. Was it the wind that blew it in?

Perry Rose said...

NO, I think it needed a tweak as the tension would lighten a bit on outside maneuvers. This time it loosened too much.