Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A little motorcycle work.

I planned to get the new planes bare wood painted with clear dope today. I got 5 coats on in preparation for the silk span. Probably do the silk span tomorrow.
After that I went into the basement and started changing the oil lines on the Harley. I tried to get the oil tank off but it wouldn't get past some other things. I dropped one of the mount nuts and lost it some where near the front sprocket. I tried a magnet but didn't find it. I got most of the lines changed and one was a real pain to get the new hose on. One hand and out of sight. I worked about an hour on it and then noticed the line was run different than the original. Luckily I got it in the right place without having to remove it and start over. One hose doesn't have a place to go and another is under everything. Shouldn't be much fun trying to get those changed. I bought 8 feet of hose and it will be close.

No comments: