Monday, January 4, 2010

Temperature in the low 30's.

We got another inch or so of snow last night. It is powdery and easy to push off the driveway. Close to a foot over the weekend. This stuff is giving the "building season" a bad name.
I got the engine/spinner faired into the fuse. of the new plane. It took two days of looking and cutting and sanding and gluing in blocks. I made a hatch cover for the tank compartment and sanded the fuse. and put spackle on the dents. After sanding the spackle I'll add the fillets on the wing and stab. Later today by the looks. I finished the covering yesterday and put the star roundels on the wings. I had good luck putting silk span on the cheek piece on the big Ringmaster so I am planning on covering the fuselage with it before painting. If it works right it is a lot easier than filling and sanding bare wood. I'm aiming for 40 ounces on this one. It weighed 35 ounces with engine, tank and gear legs. Fuselage paint and wheels to go.
I'm hoping my order from Fox comes today. Three replacement mufflers and another gallon of castor oil.

No comments: