Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good weather.

I took advantage of the weather as it's supposed to get cold again. I went to the dog track with the re built Primary Force w/flaps. I got in two test and tune flights and one for the full pattern. The plane needs more control so I opened up the line spacing on the handle when I got home. I tried to tweak the flaps but I used 1/8" wire for the joiner and it's tough. I may have to put a tab on one flap. The engine ran well. It is the one that's been giving me fits. I used the ball end mill to open the combustion chamber and that seems to have calmed it down. I put a venturi on it and that seems to have let it run 5 min.35 sec. on 3- 3/4 ounces of fuel.
I started the El Camino and let it run a while to charge the battery. I could have used the charger but I'd rather run it if I can.
Yesterdays trip with all kinds of driving conditions netted me 17 mpg on the truck.
I started making the new fuselage today. A couple of weeks should do it. I want to order some needle valve asm. to get rid of the remotes on the OS engines. I got 2 more venturis coming from Tower.
I was going to connect the well back to the kitchen faucet but there is some concern about dirt in the water. I think I'll try and get a filter for the line if there is one for CPVC pipe.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Check out Home Depot or Lowes for something like this.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5/R-100415556/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053