Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flying in the snow.

The weather was bad yesterday but it got rid of a lot more snow. Today was supposed to be a lot better but it wasn't. Mid 30's and cloudy. A real chill when you go outside. I waited for UPS and they came early with the end mill I want to bore out engine heads. I had a head waiting for the end mill and I opened up the combustion chamber to 5/8" diameter. I installed it back on the engine and took a chance on the weather and went to the dog track. I got a short flight with the new plane to check the flap tweak and the wings are much more level than before. I put that one away and brought out the one with the re worked head. It started to snow pellets as I was getting the engine started and I flew a short flight in a blizzard. The engine ran fine and long enough for the snow to pass. There was a lot more snow at home as the ground was covered.

1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...

You didn't tell me it had snowed while I was in Groton!