Wednesday, March 20, 2013

More fecking snow.

Just when the field had dried out enough to drive on it and the temp and winds had settled down it snowed again. I had just found a way to equalize the difference in line length of my Spectra lines too. I'm using short lengths of fishing leader to equal up the lines. I just crimp a loop in both leaders at lengths that even out the Spectra. Then it snowed before I could test them. The winds came back and the temps are in the low 20's on top of it. I had bought an ARF Nobler a few years ago and it flew poorly. I stripped the covering off and made some mods to it so it looks like the original Nobler that is eligible for old stime stunt. It's sat in the dark room for a couple years as it's a pain to work on. With all the fecking snow I brought it out and have done enough work on it that it looks like a plane again. The stab. is thicker as I sheeted it with 1/16" balsa, the fin has a slightly different shape and both are now glued on the fuse. I covered the fuse. and elevator with tissue and just finished covering the wing with poly span. I'm thinking of biteing the bullet and driving to NJ for a contest in mid May. It's on Sunday so traffic shouldn't be too much of a problem. I-95 most of the way. It's for Profile models only and there will be a tailgate swap meet at the same time and place.

No comments: