Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Sterling school.

The temp. has been in the high 30's lately with very little sunshine. The winds have been favorable and I have gotten some flying. I've kept an eye on the track at the Sterling school and the snow piles have been getting smaller. The field was clear of snow yesterday but was quite wet and soggy. The end of the track that butts against the woods was clear of snow also. I went back in the afternoon with the Banshee and got in two flights. The ground was very bumpy but barely usable. I set up at the edge of the ball diamond at third base for takeoff. After flying I went to the track and measured the end radius and found it to be the same as my lines. I marked the center will give it a try next time there if the other end still has snow piles. The MI Bipe is ready to fly. I have a set of 30 foot lines for the first flight. They may be too short but I don't think the plane is worth making a new set.

No comments: