Saturday, June 17, 2017

Found 'em.

I went to the web site of Horizon Hobbies and looked through their engine parts section for a needle valve assembly and bearings for the engine I put on the 665. While there I noticed that they have an engine in the size and price range I've been looking for. I didn't find the needle valve but I ordered the engine and bearings as the bearings fit the  new engine and the one I have.
  There was only one place to look for the fuel tank I couldn't find. That was inside the Thunderbird that I made flyable after it was crashed by the original owner. I had to cut the bottom open to get it out and remove some balsa that I glued in to hold the tank in place. Once I got it out I replaced one of the brass tubes and managed to crack the tube in the process. After pressure testing it under water  to find the leak I soldered over the crack and sealed it. The tank is mounted on the plane ready for flight. We're going to the movies this morning to see Cars 3 so I may not get to the park today but if the clouds stay I might.

No comments: