Tuesday, June 27, 2017

New engine redux.

I'm still waiting for the fiberglass to get here from China so I ordered an ASP .52 engine from the same company. This time the engine is located in the U.S. someplace. Should be here this week. I'm going to see if I can replace one of the O.S. .46's with it. Probably not as it's bigger and longer. I can get good flights with the .46's as long as I tweak the needle for more rpm's or add more nitro to the fuel.
  The rain stopped a few days ago and the Strega is ready for paint so I masked off the wings and tail and sprayed the fuselage with white. I have to wait a few days before I can mask off the trim colors and paint them without messing up the white.
  The power company have been marking things on the lawn with paint and flags. Today there was a new pole on the ground at the neighbors. When I got home from flying the trucks were in the road and a few lawns were messed up where they ran over them with the pole inserter. The pole was already installed holding the neighbors lines up and the worker was installing another street light. We now have four street lights around our house, one in each corner. The back porch will have direct lighting from the new light. We think the neighbor wanted the light to better protect his lawn mowing equipment. Tonight will tell.

No comments: