Saturday, June 24, 2017

New engine.

The new Evolution .52 engine came in on Thursday. I put on the Shark 665 in place of the Evolution .60. It was a direct swap. I wired the r/c carb. open and put a couple 2 ounce runs on it in the yard. I called a machine shop that does work on model engines and he is making me a venturi and adapter for the .52 so I can remove the r/c carb. I took it to the club field this morning and got in a flight with it. So far so good.
  The new batteries came in last week also and I charged them along with the other batteries for the other electric plane and took them to the field too. I've been having trouble with two of the batteries and switched them on the charger and switched them in the flight order. They both gave the same run time for the first time so whatever it was it worked. I got in 5 flights with the electric planes and one with the new engine. 6 other guys came and we got in a lot of flying before I left at 1130.

No comments: