Thursday, June 8, 2017

Waiting for stuff.

I ordered wheels, fiberglass cloth, covering, duo-lock snaps, and probably some other things. I have come to realize that I won't see any weight reduction on the Strega. I was barely holding even when I remembered that the fillets were not on the ARF. I also made new flaps using stiffer balsa which is heavier than the originals. I did make them smaller though, that should help. By switching to a wood propeller I can save 2 ounces, that will be the largest weight reduction. I'm on hold waiting for the covering.
  I've been flying the P-39 lately getting it trimmed up for a contest if the need arises. I change props as it didn't seem to have the power I figure it needs. Today I flew it and it went very well. The ground is a bit drier than yesterday as it didn't rain. My shoes still got wet and they are fairly new and should not leak.

No comments: