Thursday, June 22, 2017

Getting closer.

I leveled the Strega and then put one flap on and shimmed it until the flap/wing were also level. Then I I adjusted the elevator push rod until the stab/elev were in line. After that I glued all the control surfaces w/hinges on the wing and stabilizer. That should produce neutral control with neither fighting the other in flight. I still need to get some thin glue and white paint. The only parts left to glue on are the dual rudders and the tail cone.
  Some of my parts should be in today. The rest should be here tomorrow.

We are finally getting what was predicted from the storm. It's raining about every 5 minutes and the wind has picked up. I tried to fix the fence during a lull and as I drove the last nail it started raining and I got a bit wet.
  I realized that our trips to contests are costing us very little. I win several hundred dollars in the raffles and I don't have to buy the stuff so that is quite a savings.

No comments: