Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Cheaper by more than a dozen.

A few weeks ago our neighbor finally had someone extend his driveway in width and length so he could park his lawn maintenance equipment with ease. I had two bluebird boxes with nests and eggs with in 20 feet and 3 feet of the digging and other noise. After it was all over I didn't see any activity in one of the boxes but the closest one was still being used. After the used box hatched I peeked into the other and there was 4 eggs and no parents to be found. I figured the noise and activity drove them to abandon the nest. I decided to wait until the used box fledged out and then I would empty both boxes. Today I removed the empty nest and went to the other box and found 4 baby birds. I left them alone. That makes 16 bluebirds from my boxes around the perimeter of the property. And I saw a hummingbird yesterday and put up a feeder and the bird is coming to drink now. The neighbor had 6 hens that were laying eggs and she would give them away. As I was checking all the bird houses I noticed that all the chickens were killed. I don't know if she knows yet.
  I called Horizon Hobbies to see if I had really ordered two rolls of covering because I couldn't find any record of the transaction in the emails. I had ordered them and they did come in in today's mail.
  I've been thinking on how best to set up the flaps as the wing is not quite straight, it's straighter than it was after twisting and wetting though. I didn't want to have to tweak the flap horn because it only connects to the end of the flaps which isn't too strong. Then I figured I would shorten each flap by 6 inches and use the outboard piece as a trim tab. Problem solved. I had to cut two more hinge pockets in one flap and 4 in the movable end. I installed 3 pieces of copper sheet in the flap segment so it can be bent as needed to level the wings.I can start on covering the wing/flaps and stab/elev. As soon as the fiberglass gets here from China I can cover the fuselage and start the finishing process.

No comments: