Tuesday, July 6, 2010

88 at 1030 am.

We went to the new school at 0830 and I got in 3 flights before the heat got too bad. I flew the Pathfinder as I had re installed the trike gear. I bent the nose gear straighter to give more prop clearance and bent the mains to the rear to keep it from tilting on the tail with no fuel. The changes worked well and I got in two partial patterns as I couldn't get enough fuel in the tank. The overflow tube was split lengthwise for a half inch. I took it apart and covered the split with fuel tubing. The Flite Streak flew horribly yesterday with the c/g set to the plans. I put it back and it still flys poorly. I added a Higley heavy hub but the temp. kept me from trying that change. What is strange is that the other Flite Streak flys so well. I built them both the same. I checked the alignment of the wing and stab. and it's not off too much. About a half degree so I cut under it and added a wedge to bring it into alignment. But that didn't help. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler a bit.
I've improved my horseshoe game a bit. I don't do any back swing and I get more ringers like I used to. This way I'm forced to throw the shoe higher and farther to reach the stake. I'm almost at the bottom of the league and need more ringers to climb up.

No comments: