Monday, July 12, 2010

New weed killer trial.

I mixed some many years old kerosene with a quart of drain oil and headed for the dog track. The sky clouded over as we got to the track and helped a lot keeping the temps down. I sprayed 3 gallons on the weeds growing in the asphalt cracks. The Bayer weed killer made no change to the weeds at all. If this blend don't work I'll have to get some agent orange. I drained the Kerosun heaters as the fuel in them is as old as the stuff I mixed.
I have to get a new saw chain or have the old one sharpened I don't know which. Maybe both.
I've just about concluded the grass trials at the new school. I have wheels that are big enough to keep the plane from tipping up on it's nose but not too big as to look stupid. It's a major points loss if any part of the plane, other than the wheels, touch the ground during landing. The Pathfinder works very well with the trike gear. It flys pretty good too.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

If that works, I've got 5 gallons of used tranny fluid and about 6 gallons of motor/gear oil you can have.

Qu'que chose said...

No, no, no! We're not bringing that stuff home. The last time we did something like that it spilled and the underbed still stinks :(