Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Might rain today.

We went to the dog track this morning. The weeds are having a time with the oil residue. I got in 3 flights with the Padre. I read a post on what to do to fix a plane that wanders (hunts) up and down as it goes around the circle. One of the more knowledgeable replies said to move the leadouts foreward a bit. I moved the leadouts of the Padre forward a bit and the plane didn't hunt nearly as bad as it has. It would start a climb going into the wind and a dive going down wind. I was constantly correcting for it. In todays wind the plane was stable all around. The reasoning is to get the fuse. more in line with the flight path.
I went to the plumbing store and got a thing called a shark bite coupling. I wanted a union so I could bypass a leaking shut off valve while gluing some pipes together but they didn't have one. I guess it works on the same principle as the fuel injection connectors on some cars. Just stick the pipe in the fitting and it's sealed. Push on the right place and it comes apart. $5.00 dollars vs $1.50.
I'm waiting for the forecast rain to start but it don't look good. Maybe tonight we will get some.

No comments: