Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stuff came today.

I went to the dog track this morning and got in a check needle setting flight. 5.5 sec/lap. Close enough. Then it rained off and on for a couple hours. Awful humid.
I found I didn't have the right front bearing for one of the re built engines. Then I founb I didn't have enough rear covers. So I called Fox and ordered the parts. I told the phone lady that if she thought of anything else I needed to just throw them in the box.
I was up stairs and went to get the mail and there was a box at the door. The UPS guy had come and gone and I missed him. Anyway I got enough parts to assemble 2 engines. Well, one without a rear cover. I put the plain bearing engine together and ran it for 7+ minutes. It ran well and miserly for 3-1/2 ounces of fuel. I started to put the other one together but the temp. up stairs is climbing and I gave up. All it needs is to put the only rear cover on.
I'm pretty sure I've settled on a fuselage shape for the new plane with the foam stab./elev. and foam wing. I am in the process of molding some balsa for the turtle deck behind the canopy.

No comments: