Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good weather.

We went to the dog track this morning and I got in 4 flights. 2 with the Padre and 2 with the Super 80. I had made more changes to the 80 and removed the trim tab on the wing as it was straight and didn't look like it was doing anything. The plane flew quite well until I inverted it and saw the wing high. I put another tab on when I got home. I tried the two tanks I got last week on the Padre. Neither holds as much fuel as the old one. They do hold more than enough to fly the pattern. They must be removing the tanks from the mold machine too fast or something to make them shrink a bit. I tried heating a spare tank and pressurize it to make it bigger but it wouldn't work.
I did order a battery from denniskirk.com. I need to run the Harley now and then to keep the oil out of the chain case. Should be here in a week.
The order from Fox is still en route. It was shipped last Friday.

No comments: