Thursday, July 22, 2010

So far so good.

I went to the dog track with the Flite Streak this morning and got in one flight. The plane flew quite well even in the breezy conditions and turbulance. I'm on the right track finally. My order from Fox wasn't in the mail today.
I noticed the lawn mower not cutting evenly lately. The right side of the mower deck was lower and leaving a stripe as it cut. I gave it a look see this morning and found the right side supports that attach the deck to the tractor were broken off the deck. I pulled about 6 pins and pulled the deck out from under the tractor and set about welding the support back to the deck. Lots of things in the way but I got it welded on. I cut two pieced of sheet metal and welded them to the support and deck, like a brace. I mowed the lawn and it looks much better. In a few days the grass will tell if I got the height set right to the tow behind mower. It should be close.
I had a set of foam cores that go to a pattern plane designed by Ed Avena about 20 years ago. I took the stab. cores and sheeted them and will build a plane with an airfoil stab./elevator. I'll use the Cardinal wing I sheeted a while ago and build a new fuse. for them when the weather cools off a bit. The airfoil stab. is supposed to make the plane more stable.

No comments: