Sunday, July 18, 2010

Breakfast and a cow show.

I've been having problems with a Fox .40 on the big ringmaster lately. I changed tanks and got nowhere. I removed the spray bar and saw something inside so I put the brake cleaner to it and it vanished. Same thing again. I removed the spray bar and the thing was still inside. I put a torch tip cleaner through the bar and the thing was no longer there again. I looked at the cleaner and it wasn't there either. I looked at the exit end of the spraybar and theree it was. A tiny piece of fiber that would plug up the outlet hole in the spray bar and mess up the fuel flow. I flew it this morning and it went like the one on the Padre. I put a filter in the line too. I thought I had fixed the Fox .40 that I broke off a muffler lug but the JB weld didn't hold. I tried a different fix but it sould require some close machining and I don't have the tools to do it. I will order a new crank case from Fox on Monday along with more castor oil. I have parts from another .40 and may get a second crank case for those parts. This one is a plain bearing or bushing and the others are ball bearing engines. For the price of one engine I'll have two.
At breakfast this morning Ma sat facing the window. As I was eating she said there is a cow out side. Sure enough someones cow was walking along the side walk trying to get in. Luckily ol' bossey didn't have to go and spared somebody the cleaning of the area.

No comments: