Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Get the saw!!

I made more changes to the Flite streak this morning. I removed the washer that offset the engine thrust line,moved the leadouts forward a bit. sealed the hinge gap, tweaked the engine into a bit of down thrust and moved the pushrod from the middle hole in the bell crank to the inner hole. Zero to minimal flight difference. I had noticed that the controls were rubbing on something and couldn't see what it was. When I got home I cut into the wing tip and trimmed a little wood so the leadout guide would move a bit more forward. Then I saw the spot the leadout was rubbing on so I cut away some more balsa. Now the leadout was touching the next rib down the ling so I cut some more covering off and trimmed that rib too. One more time and the controls are free. I installed a patch over the wing and re set the leadout guide for the next time out. Hopefully this fixes the hunting problem. I'm still waiting for my stuff from Fox.

No comments: