Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting ready for Old Time Stunt.

The planes are flying well and the Lee, MA contest is this Sunday.
I started thinking about the contest this October. It is going to feature old time stunt and profile stunt on Saturday with regular stunt on Sunday. I don't have a plane for the OTS class. I looked at the fleet and the closest thing to a legal plane is my S-1A ringmaster. The shape is there but the wing ribs are a slightly different shape. The leading edge is sheeted back 3 inches on top of everything. That really stands out and gives the plane away. So I trimmed the sheeting away between the ribs leaving enough sheeting at the leading edge to look like the original leading edge. I repaired the ground off fin and rudder and canopy. The S-1A has a plastic canopy instead of a balsa canopy but I used balsa when I built the kit. I stripped all the covering off the wing and melted the paint off the fuse. with Cyclo Carb Cleaner. I had to repair some cracked wood and I'm in the process of filling holes and dings and coming up with a color scheme. I had a Fox .25 on it that I got off ebay a while back. Of course I threw the old time pattern away a while ago and can't find it anywhere. It's a lot different than the new one. I cut some wood away from the leadouts in the ribs while I was at it too. It should be ready for the contest.

4 comments:

2Evil4U said...

http://bjm-home.com/page38.html

Click the links on the left.

Perry Rose said...

I don't see any links.

2Evil4U said...

Copy this:

http://bjm-home.com/page38.html


and paste it into the browser address bar. When you get to that site, there is a list of links on the left side that go to the pattern lists.

Qu'que chose said...

I got it to work and found what I needed. Thanks.